INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services. The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professional to achieve its corporate objectives.
The following vacant position exists under Directorate Department / Corporate Communication Division.
REF: DIR /01/01/2017: CORPORATE COMMUNICATION OFFICER SS BA 2 (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Communication Officer, the main role of the Corporate Communication Officer will be to assist the Senior Corporate Communications Officer and Corporate Affairs Manager in attending to customer enquiries, handling complaints, preparing in-house publications, coordinating educational tours and execution of corporate events.
- Attending to all enquiries and analyzing complaints by staff, visitors, clients and viewers
- Compiling quarterly Complaints Report and submitting to the Corporate Affairs Manager for action
- Gathering information and compiling stories for KBC’s in-house publications (The Broadcaster and The Mast)
- Monitoring of press writings and media reviews as well as filing press cuttings of published items about KBC
- Handling delegation and school educational tours
- Assisting in planning, organizing and coordinating corporate events, product launches and publicity events
- Taking photographs of staff, management and arising events
- Handling protocol matters involving visiting high powered delegations
- Facilitating newspaper advertisements
- Assisting in the preparation of annual reports
- Assisting in organizing and developing a calendar for corporate events
- Assisting in coordinating the establishment of a Broadcast Museum
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or any other social sciences from a recognized University
- Diploma or Post Graduate diploma in Mass Communication or Public Relations
- At least three (3) years working experience in a public relations / customer care or front office environment
- Have good report writing, designing, photography, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate
If you meet the above requirements, apply online not later than 3rd February, 2017. No hard copies will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply Click Here
“KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply”.